What you can expect on a Sunday
Our Sunday morning teaching focuses on understanding what the Bible means for us and how to make decisions in our every day life.
Every Sunday service is kicked off with inspiring music that get our lives reconnected with God and our church family.
An offering will be collected during the service. If it’s your first time, don’t worry about it, we’re just happy to have you with us.
Come as you are
You are welcome at McKenzie Towne Church to be yourself. In fact, we WANT you to be who you are and bring all of your personality to our church.
1 hour service time
Our Sunday morning programs are about an hour in length to leave time for people to make connections before and after. We broadcast the 11:00 service live on our Facebook page each week.
Meet the MTC Staff
These are just a few of the friendly faces that you will see on a Sunday. Feel free to contact them personally if you have any questions! They would love to meet you.
Lead PastorBrad leaves fingerprints and nose prints really high up on the windows and doors, and has a surprising number of similarities to a labradoodle puppy. He has been on staff with MTC since 2006 and is the main teaching pastor for Sunday mornings at MTC. Brad is married to Karen and they have 3 amazing children: Caleb, Abby, & Hillary.
403-257-5360 ext 227
Pastor of Worship Arts
Neil is the newest addition to our staff, coming on as the Pastor of Worship Arts on August 1, 2016. Neil is Irish, which means that he says some words funny and he drinks tea ALL THE TIME. He enjoys playing mean jokes like pointing out non-existent typos with a completely deadpan expression on items that have already been printed or engraved. Neil is married to Danielle and they have 3 wonderful daughters: Olivia, Emily, and Norah.
403-257-5360 ext 223
Pastor of Children's MinistryJared has been on staff since 2014 as the Pastor of Children’s Ministry. You can watch him whip & nae nae upstairs every Sunday (as much as a super-white person can). Watch your electronics around Jared though; the staff determined that he should only be allowed to drink out of sippy cups after spilling coffee on his Macbook. Jared is married to Angie and they have 3 terrific children: Nathan, Caleb, & Annalee. Jared oversees the children’s programs and family events for Sunday mornings and throughout the year.
403-257-5360 ext 231
Student Ministries Pastor
We are excited to welcome Chris to the MTC team as Student Ministries Pastor. Chris loves all things shoes and basketball and actually likes going to the gym – or so he says! He’s originally from Saskatchewan, did his schooling in BC (Millar College Sunnybrae), but it was through camp that God really got a hold of him and his life has never been the same! Chris is married to Hannah and is a bit of a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur (GF, of course)!
403-257-5360 ext 230
Sonshine Park Preschool DirectorCarmen has been on the teaching staff of the preschool since 2009 starting as a teachers aide and then moving up to a lead teacher in 2011. In November of 2017 Carmen took on the role of preschool director. She has a huge heart for kids and their families and helping them find their own relationship with Jesus. She loves spending time with her family and cheering on her beloved Calgary Stampeders!!
403-257-5360 ext 225
Our Beliefs & Values
- DISCOVER – We want to be a community where all people can freely explore who Jesus truly is. We will work to create environments that encourage us to take the next step.
- FOLLOW – We want to challenge people to follow Jesus in a life-long journey of surrender to His leading. We believe that God gives us what we need, to accomplish what He’s asked us to do.
- ENGAGE – We want to celebrate what God is doing in and around us. Attending church isn’t the goal. God invites us to be active participants in His mission.
- TOGETHER – Our church isn’t a place or a building, but a family we belong to. We want to help people to see how they fit, as we go together to be the Church and change the world.
- GREATER – The mission has always been bigger than us. It’s about more people coming to know Jesus. Everything is a gift from God and we want to invest it generously back into the local and global church.
- We are a community church that longs to see the light and love of Jesus transform the community of McKenzie Towne and the surrounding communities of New Brighton, Copperfield, McKenzie Lake, Auburn Bay, Cranston, Mahogany, Chaparral, and Seton (Ward 12).
- We embrace the teachings of God’s Word and rely on the Holy Spirit to lead us on a journey of inward transformation through studying the Bible and being a people of prayer.
- We will create life giving ministries that will help all generations find their place in serving Jesus together.
- We will love and serve our local community by demonstrating and sharing the power of the We do this in all areas of our lives and through all relationships.
- We will be a community where people feel welcomed as individuals and embraced as part of the family of God.
- We will be a church body that reflects the communities we are part of. Welcoming all ages, nationalities, races and backgrounds to serve Jesus on mission together.
- We will be a multiplying church. In faith, we will go where God leads us planting new churches so that Jesus would be known in those communities.
- We will have a Kingdom mindset supporting and resourcing other churches and organizations as they reach the communities they are called to.
- We will be a people of celebration and encouragement as we take the next step in our journey of faith.
Statement of Beliefs of McKenzie Towne Church
- We believe the Bible is God’s Word given by divine inspiration, the record of God’s revelation of Himself to humanity (II Timothy 3:16). It is trustworthy, sufficient, without error—the supreme authority and guide for all doctrine and conduct (I Peter 1:23-25; John 17:17; II Timothy 3:16-17.) It is the truth by which God brings people into a saving relationship with Himself and leads them to Christian maturity (John 20:31, I John 5:9-12; Matthew 4:4; I Peter 2:2).
- We believe in the one living and true God, perfect in wisdom, sovereignty, holiness, justice, mercy and love (I Timothy 1:17; Psalm 86:15; Deuteronomy 32:3-4). He exists eternally in three coequal persons who act together in creation, providence and redemption (Genesis 1:26; I Peter 1:2; Hebrews 1:1-3).
- The Father reigns with providential care over all life and history in the created universe. He hears and answers prayer (I Chronicles 29:11-13; Matthew 7:11). He initiated salvation by sending His Son, and He is Father to those who by faith accept His Son as Lord and Saviour (I John 4:9-10; John 3:16; John 1:12; Acts 16:31).
- The Son became man, Jesus Christ, who was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary (John 1:14; Matthew 1:18). Being fully God and fully man, He revealed God through His sinless life, miracles and teaching (John 14:9; Hebrews 4:15; Matthew 4:23-24). He provided salvation through His atoning death in our place and by His bodily resurrection (I Corinthians 15:3-4; II Corinthians 5:21; Romans 4:23-25). He ascended into heaven where He rules over all creation (Philippians 2:5-11). He intercedes for all believers and dwells in them as their ever-present Lord (Romans 8:34; John 14:23).
- The Holy Spirit inspired men to write the Scriptures (II Peter 1:21). Through this Word, He convicts individuals of their sinfulness and of the righteousness of Christ, draws them to the Savior, and bears witness to their new birth (James 1:18; John 16:7-11; I Thessalonians 1:5-6; Romans 8:16). At regeneration and conversion, the believer is baptized in the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 12:13). The Spirit indwells, seals and gives spiritual gifts to all believers for ministry in the church and society (Romans 8:9- 11; Ephesians 1:13-14; Romans 12:5-8; I Peter 4:10). He empowers, guides, teaches, fills, sanctifies and produces the fruit of Christlikeness in all who yield to Him (Acts 4:31; Romans 8:14; I Corinthians 2:10- 13; Ephesians 5:18; II Thessalonians 2:13; Galatians 5:16; 22-23).
- We believe God created an order of spiritual beings called angels to serve Him and do His will (Psalm 148:1-5; Colossians 1:16). The holy angels are obedient spirits ministering to the heirs of salvation and glorifying God (Hebrews 1:6-7; 13-14). Certain angels, called demons, Satan being their chief, through deliberate choice revolted and fell from their exalted position (Revelation 12:7-9). They now tempt individuals to rebel against God (I Timothy 4:1; I Peter 5:8). Their destiny in hell has been sealed by Christ’s victory over sin and death (Hebrews 2:14; Revelation 20:10).
- We believe God created man in His own image to have fellowship with Himself and to be steward over His creation (Genesis 1:26-28). As a result, each person is unique, possesses dignity and is worthy of respect (Psalm 139:13-17). Through the temptation of Satan, Adam chose to disobey God; this brought sin and death to the human race and suffering to all creation (Genesis 3; Romans 5:12-21; 8-22). Therefore, everyone is born with a sinful nature and needs to be reconciled to God (Romans 3:9-18, 23). Satan tempts people to rebel against God, even those who love Him (Ephesians 4:27; II Corinthians 2:11; Matthew 16:23). Nonetheless, everyone is personally responsible to God for thoughts, actions and beliefs and has the right to approach Him directly through Jesus Christ, the only mediator (Romans 14:12; I Timothy 2:5).
- We believe salvation is redemption by Christ of the whole person from sin and death (II Timothy 1:9- 10; I Thessalonians 5:23). It is offered as a free gift by God to all and must be received personally through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ (I Timothy 2:4; Ephesians 2:8-9; Acts 20:21). An individual is united to Christ by the regeneration of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 2:20; Colossians 1:27). As a child of God, the believer is acquitted of all guilt and brought into a new relationship of peace (Romans 5:1). Christians grow as the Holy Spirit enables them to understand and obey the Word of God (II Peter 3:18; Ephesians 4:15; I Thessalonians 3:12).
- We believe the Church is the body of which Christ is the head and all who believe in Him are members (Ephesians 1:22-23; Romans 12:4-5). Christians are commanded to be baptized upon profession of faith and to unite with a local church for mutual encouragement and growth in discipleship through worship, nurture, service and the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world (Acts 2:41-42, 47; Luke 24:45-48). Each church is a self- governing body under the lordship of Christ with all members sharing responsibility (Acts 13:1-3; 14:26-28). The form of government is understood to be congregational (Matthew 18:17; Acts 6:3-6; 15:22-23).The ordinances of the church are baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:18-20). It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s identification with the death, burial and resurrection of the Savior Jesus Christ (Romans 6:3-5). The Lord’s Supper is the partaking of the bread and of the cup by believers together as a continuing memorial of the broken body and shed blood of Christ. It is an act of thankful dedication to Him and serves to unite His people until He returns (I Corinthians 11:23-26).To express unity in Christ, local churches form associations and a conference for mutual counsel, fellowship and a more effective fulfillment of Christ’s commission (Acts 15; I Corinthians 6:1-3).
- We believe religious liberty, rooted in Scripture, is the inalienable right of all individuals to freedom of conscience with ultimate accountability to God (Genesis 1:27; John 8:32; II Corinthians 3:17; Romans 8:21; Acts 5:29). Church and state exist by the will of God. Each has distinctive concerns and responsibilities, free from control by the other (Matthew 22:21). Christians should pray for civil leaders, and obey and support government in matters not contrary to Scripture (I Timothy 2:1-4; Romans 13:1-7; I Peter 2:13-16). The state should guarantee religious liberty to all persons and groups regardless of their religious preferences, consistent with the common good.
- We believe Christians, individually and collectively, are salt and light in society (Matthew 5:13-16). In a Christlike spirit, they oppose greed, selfishness and vice; they promote truth, justice and peace; they aid the needy and preserve the dignity of people of all races and conditions (Hebrews 13:5; Luke 9:23; Titus 2:12; Philippians 4:8-9; I John 3:16-17; James 2:1-4). e affirm the family as the basic unit of society and seek to preserve its integrity and stability (Genesis 2:21-25; Ephesians 6:1-4). We believe the Bible teaches that marriage refers to the covenant relationship exclusively between one man and one woman, as instituted by God in the beginning (Genesis 2:20b-24; 1 Corinthians 7:2; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring all things to their appropriate end and establish the new heaven and the new earth (Ephesians 1:9-10, Revelation 21:1). The certain hope of the Christian is that Jesus Christ will return to the earth suddenly, personally and visibly in glory according to His promise (Titus 2:13; Revelation 1:7; 3:11; John 14:1-3). The dead will be raised, and Christ will judge mankind in righteousness (John 5:28-29). The unrighteous will be consigned to the everlasting punishment prepared for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25-41, 46; Revelation 20;10). The righteous, in their resurrected and glorified bodies, will receive their reward and dwell forever with the Lord (Philippians 3:20-21; II Corinthians 5:10; I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
NAB (North American Baptist) Statement of Beliefs
The name of the church is McKenzie Towne Baptist Church (common language is McKenzie Towne Church or “MTC”). The church office is located at 7 McKenzie Towne Gate, SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2Z 3W5. McKenzie Towne Baptist Church is duly incorporated as a church under the Religious Societies’ Land Act of the province of Alberta, registration # 10739 3167 RP0001.
McKenzie Towne Baptist Church is affiliated with the Alberta Baptist Association and the North American Baptist Conference.
Article 2: Mission
McKenzie Towne Church exists to lead people into a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Article 3: Statement of Beliefs
As a member of the North American Baptist Conference, McKenzie Towne Baptist Church accepts the Statement of Beliefs of the North American Baptist Conference (adopted 1982) as its own statement of beliefs. (Appendix A)
Article 4: Dissolution
The term of existence of McKenzie Towne Baptist Church shall be permanent without a specific term of existence. The property of McKenzie Towne Baptist Church is irrevocably dedicated to religious or charitable purposes, and upon liquidation, dissolution, or abandonment of McKenzie Towne Baptist Church, after providing for its debts and obligations, its assets will not inure to the benefit of any private person, but shall be distributed, as the existing officers direct, to the North American Baptist Conference or its related organizations which are in keeping with the mission of the church.
Revised June 9, 2013
Sundays are great but we need more to be truly connected and grow in our faith. It’s a lot easier to get connected in smaller settings. We call them Groups.
Join us on a Sunday!
9:00 AM & 11:00 AM
7 McKenzie Towne Gate, SE Calgary
McKenzie Towne Church
7 McKenzie Towne Gate, SE Calgary