PASTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
The focus of this position is to lead the Children’s Ministry area of McKenzie Towne Church (MTC) through building effective relationships and providing strong leadership to key stakeholders including, but not limited to, children and their parents, along with all the volunteers involved in this ministry area.
- Models a passion for God, a love for all people, and a life of personal holiness and prayer with a clear understanding and passion to see people grow to be Fully Devoted Followers of Jesus Christ.
- Passionate in helping children discover Jesus and provide age specific discipleship opportunities for children.
- Demonstrated experience in working with children and their families.
- Proven experience and a high commitment to discipleship-based children ministry.
- Spiritual gifts essential to the position must be evident in the areas of leadership, compassion, encouragement, and mercy.
- Proven balance of people and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a multi-person office environment.
- Proven ability to deal with diversity and change on an ongoing basis.
- A team player as evidenced through previous performance and experience.
- Proven ability as an effective communicator.
- Proven ability to invite people to serve and work in volunteer positions and in volunteer teams.
- Post-secondary education and equivalent relevant ministry experience (minimum 2 years).
- Committed to a high work ethic and the demands associated with ministry.
- Understand, support and live out McKenzie Towne Church Membership Covenant and Statements of Faith (as defined in the General Operating Bylaws and Letters Patent).
- Adhere to and uphold the Personnel Policies, Team Values, and Lifestyle Agreement of MTC.
- Attract, empower, develop, and retain volunteers.
- Execute the role to the glory of God.
- Children’s Ministry Area Leadership (Time – 60%)
Giving leadership to the overall Children’s Ministry area at MTC through the development of an effective ministry philosophy, program, and plan. Providing point-person leadership to the weekend children’s programs at MTC.
- Develop a ministry philosophy, program, and working plan that is MTC specific and effective.
- Cast and implement the vision for the weekend children’s ministry programs.
- Recruit quality and passionate volunteer teams to facilitate the weekend programs that includes young leaders and adult leaders.
- Encourage, equip, and mentor the volunteer teams.
- Creation of a system that effectively ensures all volunteers are in adherence to the Safe and Secure Policy of MTC.
- Investigating and experimenting with new ways of delivering children’s ministry initiatives.
- Represent children’s ministries’ needs in all staff and all church meetings.
Mark of Success: To develop a ministry philosophy, program, and working plan for MTCthat ministers to children at the different levels of adolescent development. To lead the Children Ministry teams to a collective understanding and focus for children’s ministry at MTC. To provide a weekend children’s program that is current and relevant to the spiritual formation process of children within the church and the community.
- Family Events (Time – 20%)
Develop, facilitate, and oversee various seasonal and family/parent equipping events throughout the year.
- Cast and implement vision for the seasonal and parent equipping events as opportunities to recognize the importance of parents in the spiritual development of their children.
- Implement events that provide practical help as well as spiritual mentoring for parents.
- Develop fun events that provide family connecting opportunities.
- As needed, recruit quality and passionate volunteers to facilitate events.
- Encourage, equip, and mentor volunteer teams for various events.
Mark of Success: To provide events that equip parents in practical and spiritual ways. To create opportunities for parents and families to have fun together and build community.
- Oversight and Direction for the Summer Program (Currently VBS) (Time – 10%)
Provide leadership to the children’s summer program at MTC.
Leadership and Connection
- Cast and implement the vision for the summer program.
- Align the values of the summer program (curriculum choices, program development, etc.) with the values of the church.
- Recruit quality and passionate volunteer teams to facilitate the summer program.
- Encourage, equip, and mentor the volunteer teams.
Mark of Success: To lead the summer program teams to a collective understanding and focus for summer ministry and children’s ministry, as a whole. To develop summer program teams that are adequately staffed and trained. To have a summer program that is current and relevant to the spiritual formation process of children within the church and the community.
- MTC all-ministry leadership team member (Time – 10%)
Be an active, supportive, and healthy team member of the primary ministry team at MTC.
- Attend and actively participate in the weekly staff meetings.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings with the Lead Pastor.
- With the primary ministry team to develop and execute a comprehensive ministry plan that guides and trains individuals from early childhood to adults.
- With the primary ministry team to develop and execute an effective ministry plan that recognizes the importance of parents in the spiritual development of their children and youth.
- With the primary ministry team to provide training opportunities for the development of strong families.
Mark of Success: To be an effective team member who shares in the responsibility for the all-church ministry plan. To help and assist when called upon inside and outside of designated ministry area.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, retreats, organizational development days, all-team days, membership meetings, and special events as designated by the Lead Pastor.
- Fulfill other duties as requested by the Lead Pastor.
For those interested in this position please submit cover page and resume to email@example.com by September 23, 2019.