Sonshine Park Preschool
6:30pm – 7:30pm
Sonshine Park Preschool is based on the firm foundation of biblical principles and values. Add to that a strong academic curriculum that is developmentally appropriate and you have a great start to becoming a life long learner! We are a Christian program designed to foster a life long joy in learning within the context of God’s love. The preschool will provide learning experiences which are developmentally appropriate and suited to the diverse needs of children. We want to promote dignity and self-worth through activities that will aid in social, physical, intellectual and spiritual development.
2018/19 Registration Info
2018-2019 Open House Evening
Wednesday June 13, 2018 – 6:30 -7:30 PM
Come have a tour and meet our teachers, this is the perfect opportunity to ask any questions.
Please bring to our Open House/Registration Evening…
- Any questions you may have
- A VOID cheque or a bank statement with your transit/account/branch number on it
- Information (i.e. phone numbers/names) of individuals that you would allow to pick up or drop off your child to their class.
- Calendar/phone calendar
- Medical information for your child to accompany the medical form (if required)
All the programs of Sonshine Park Preschool highlight three basis themes about God:
God made me.
God loves me.
Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
3 year old program
Three year olds at Sonshine Park Preschool enjoy theme based learning program. Themes are developed on an ongoing basis to reflect children’s interests. Children will explore different themes in a play environment. Within these themes, children will explore different creative mediums, fine and gross motor options, imaginative play environments and embedded learning activities. There is a significant focus on social interactions and group learning skills.
4 year old program
The four year old program is also theme based learning in which the themes are explored at a deeper level. As well, four year olds are introduced to pre-math, pre-reading and pre-science concepts. They will participate in activities which encourage fine motor development and will be guided in the development of more mature social skills and interactions.
The Jr Kindergarten curriculum has been developed based on Kindergarten entry expectations of local schools. The children will be intentionally led through a variety of learning experiences which were developed to expose children to a broad range of concepts, encourage motor skill development and foster excitement for learning. All activities are evaluated on the basis of age appropriateness and engagement by the children.
Class Schedule & Costs
2018/19 Classes and Monthly Fees:
For both the 3 & 4-year old programs, children must be the designated age by October 31st to enroll in the program. For our Jr. Kingergarten program, children must turn 5 years old during the school year (ie. must turn 5 before the end of June).
- Currently our 4 year old Mon/Wed/Fri 8:45am-10:45 class is full. A wait list has been started. Please contact Carmen for more information.
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2018/19 Registration Form
- DLTK Kids Crafts > Fun children’s crafts, including printable craft templates, for preschool, kindergarten and elementary school kids.
- Focus on the Family Canada > Non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of the home. Offer support to Canadian families through special events, print and video media, etc.
McKenzie Towne Church
7 McKenzie Towne Gate SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3W5
Ph: (403) 257-5360 x. 228
Meet the Staff
Have questions about Sonshine Park Preschool?